Pages

Friday 30 August 2013

First Day of School

... not as a pupil though... NO, my beautiful daughter starts her new job (teaching assistant) in a couple of days, and since she has also moved away from home, I'm sending her a good luck card.  Love that girl... she's such a little 'scaredy-cat' and yet she's embraced her new life with such purpose, she's made me very, very proud to be her mum!  Anyway, the card...
 
 
The white mat actually started out VERY differently.  I (in my wisdom) decided to make some educational flash cards for my niece, however, I was a little ambitious... and by the time I'd made 'a', 'b' and 'c' my little niece was too old for them!  Yes, I know... but I got distracted! The mat was actually a large 'tag'.
 
Anyway, the topper, (which was a tag), made using Cricut 'PLANTIN SCHOOLBOOK', had a piece of 'TERESA COLLINS' 'Fabrication' 'yellow brocade' adhered to it.  On top if this was a ('JUST BECAUSE') Cricut cut (apple), I have since... sliced off the top of the tag to make a plain white mat.  To make my card more 'schooly' I added a sentiment (computer generated), punched it out (large scallop punch) and gave it some faux stitching. 

 
The apple and it's leaves are created using a 'CREATA' paper pad, which has lovely glossy detailing.

 

 
The other punch used was a 'MARTHA STEWART' deep edge border punch ('DAISY FAN'), which is utterly gorgeous.  This punch makes a beautiful decorative border, and if you cut a piece of cardstock 2 1/2" deep and punch both sides (line it up), it creates an even lovelier border.  I added a button and gem for a little bit of bling.

 
The inside wording is computer generated, although I would have preferred to use the 'SCRAPPYMOMS' school stamp set, but I was limited on money at the time and only bought the 'owl ocassions' set.  And the same happened with 'MY CREATIVE TIME', I ran out of money! So annoying when that happens! But hey ho, I'm pleased was the result and I'm sure my daughter will love it.  Although she's loving ANYTHING from home at the moment!
 
Challenges...
 
MY CREATIVE TIME - Throwback Thursday #363 - 'Altered Item/Old Cartridge'
 
SCRAPPY MOMS - Terrific Tuesday - 'Back to School'
 
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!