Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Feeling Blue?

I seem to have a blue theme going on!  I wonder why?  I'm not blue, I don't feel blue, blue is not my favourite colour.  Oh well, my crafting vibe is obviously in charge and dictating all the shots... so I'll just go with the flow...


 
Base card is made from an A4 patterned holographic card cut to 8 1/4" x 8" and scored at 4" then folded in half.  To this... I followed a sketch (see below) to create a dark blue layer, that had been embossed and then a smaller light blue layer, that has some glitter dotted on it.

 
 

 
The "Get Well Soon" is cut from the 'Phrases' CRICUT cartridge (at 3") and adhered using foam pads.
 

 
 The sentiment is computer generated and mounted onto some black CS, then adhered with... yes, you've guessed it - foam pads.



 
I found this cute little button in my stash, and managed to thread some of the same ribbon through it (I don't know how!) as I used on the blue mats.
 
 
Challenges:-
 
SKETCH SATURDAY - wk #284
 
NATALIE AND AMY'S CHALLENGE - Ch #14 - 'For The Boys'
 
FANTABULOUS CRICUT CHALLENGE BLOG - Ch #186 - 'Ribbons and Buttons'
 
DARING CARDMAKERS - 'The Other Occasions and Reasons'
 
 
 
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Super card, I really like the embossing! Thanks for joining FCCB's "ribbons and buttons" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card Karen! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and good luck! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely get well card and perfect for a male. Thanks for joining us this month at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great card. Love the way the ribbon is in that button. Thanks for playing with FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the phrases cartridge, I should use it more often. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great get well card. I love the blue. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!