Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

If I Were A Robot

... perhaps I wouldn't do such stupid things!  I have had a MAJOR 'senior moment'.  Today is the first of September, and I need to put my new tax disc in the round holder in the car. Simple? You'd have thought so, for a competent person, like me! Ah...
 
I was 'super' organised and I purchased my tax disc early, well I say purchased but my cute, dinky little car is exempt, but I still need to display a tax disc. So all organised, I go to put my tax disc on... and, where is it?  I've lost the blasted thing!  Senior moment, or what! 
 
Just so you know, if you need a duplicate tax disc you will need form V20 from the post office!
 
So I found this really cool group on Facebook called... "I Love My Cricut & I Live In The UK", its been really interesting looking at other people's interests and getting lots of inspiration.  Since I have never made anything with the 'ROBOTZ' Cricut cartridge, I decided today would be the day!
 
 
So, what we have here is... a blue scalloped card blank, and onto this I matted a piece of 'BLACK MAGIC' 'CORE'DINATIONS' cardstock called 'CAULDRON'. Before it was adhered down I embossed it using my CUTTLEBUG and the 'COOLIO' embossing folder, this I then sanded so that the light blue core would show through. The robot is cut from the Cricut 'ROBOTZ' cartridge at 3 1/2" and the sentiment is from the same cartridge (shadow and font) at 2".  With a little bit of faux stitching and a couple of googlie eyes... eh voila!

 
Challenges...
 
NATALIE AND AMY - Ch. #12 - 'Embossing'
 
CRAFTERS CAFE - Ch #26 - 'Embossing Wet or Dry'
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the black and red combo. The robot is super cute and this would make an excellent card for a little boy.
    Thanks for playing along with the Crafter's Cafe Challenge & good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks for your comment 'Shell, I still get really excited when I get that little notification that I've received a comment! Loving the challenges and the DT work is brilliant at The Crafters Café... so inspirational. Keep up the good work xxx

      Delete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!