Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Celebrations V

'MY Cricut Cartridge Alphabet'... Number Five

 'CELEBRATION ' cartridge... release April 2006 now discontinued, designed by rob and bob studio

   

The Creative Features are:- 'tag', 'banner', 'card', 'border', 'blackout' and 'shadow'. This is one of the earlier cartridges, which usually means the images to cut are simpler (not quite so detailed), I personally like this, sometimes the amount of layers you have to cut makes it too complicated for me.  This cartridge may be called 'Celebrations' but it really is all about birthdays and parties, balloon, party hats, candles, cakes and numbers are the main focus.  Naturally the card and tag features are very, very useful, but for me this cartridge's best feature is the banner.  I have made several banners in recent years and they have always made a great impact, from very small ones for my nieces (on a very small scale) to extra large display banner for our business, I think this is a great feature and only available on a couple of cartridges.
 
My View... I think this is a lovely cartridge, especially for beginners, the cuts are simple and the creative features useful and adaptable.  The presents and parcels are always handy but there are really only so many balloons or party hats you will ever wish to cut!  Most things 'birthday' are covered with this cartridge and if you want to make a very quick card, simply use the card feature with the appropriate birthday age - it couldn't be easier or more effective.  This is what I've done here...
 
My Verdict... I don't think this is a 'must-have' cartridge, but the banner feature does make the cartridge very appealing.  I have used this cartridge many, many times and have never been disappointed but I do feel there are better ones out there, with perhaps more versatility.
 
 
Here's what I decided to enter into 'MY CRAFT SPOT' Monday Challenge #89 - 'Tasty Treats'...

           

I used the 'card' creative feature button and cut the '<candy>' (p. 111) to cut out the card base, I cut it from an A4 sheet of black cardstock with the 'fit to page' button on my Cricut Expression.  The 'innies' from the card cut, I stuck to the inside of the card (in the same position as the cuts) and outlined them with a white pen.
 
I cut the sweets using '<candy>' at 4 1/4" from some holographic cardstock (stash pile) I cut it three times and used my 'Gypsy' to delete any cuts I didn't want then I adhered them to the from of the card. I didn't have ANYTHING in my stash for a sentiment (oh dear I can feel a shopping trip coming on!), but I did find a rub-on saying "sweetie'.  A couple of pearls and some glitter and my 'Tasty Treat' card is ready for consumption. 
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Great card! The metallic paper looks fabulous as candy wrappers! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! LOVE the metallic paper and sparkle it gives! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!