Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

Dog gone...

...good

 
Morning peeps, how's it hanging?
 
Before I show you my latest creation I'd just like to tell EVERYONE how generous my mother is!  Has she bought me a car? I hear you ask... A new outfit?  A house, maybe?  No, none of these, although if you could give her a nudge, it might help!  She has generously shared all her disease-ridden germs with her oldest daughter (she's not so generous with her youngest!).  Yes, I have a cold... and its a stinker!  Thanks Mum!!!
 
I don't know if its the women of her 'era' or if people today are generally more moany (is that even a word?), but whilst I am coughing and spluttering, dripping and blowing, moaning and groaning - she is merrily (and quietly, unlike me) getting on with things!  Whilst I bemoan my unfortunate laspe into sickness land, she is carrying on with a smile on her face... God I love that woman!  I don't think I could admire anyone more, than I do my mother.  She is the most positive person I know and it is ALWAYS wonderful to be with her - I do wish she would keep her germs to herself, however!
 
I was looking through my Cricut cartridge collection yesterday (like you do) and realised I hadn't shown you anything from the 'JUST BECAUSE CARDS' cartridge, so inbetween coughing and nose-wiping, I came up with this (I don't think I'll be giving it to anyone I really like - its probably got too many germs on it!)...
 
 

 
CARD BASE - 'CREATA' 'Design Blok 7' glittered patterned paper/CS and 'JUST BECAUSE CARDS' cartridge p.37 <Dog> (5 1/2") , also cut the insert <Dog-s> (5 1/2") in black CS - adhered to the inside
1ST DOG MAT - black CS scalloped circle (3") - 'WOODWARE' punch
2ND DOG MAT - 'CREATA' 'Design Blok 7' green glossy spotty patterned paper/CS (2 1/2") - 'WOODWARE' punch
CRICUT CUT - white CS p.37 'layer 1' creative feature <Dog> (5 1/5") and black CS p.37 'layer 1' <Dog-s> (5 1/5") -  adhered together using 'ZIG' two-way glue
1ST SENTIMENT MAT - black CS (3 5/8" x 1 3/4") - punched using 'X-CUT' 'scallop' border punch
2ND SENTIMENT MAT - 'CREATA' 'Design Blok 7' green glossy spotty patterned paper/CS (3 1/2" x 1 1/4") - faux stitched
SENTIMENT - black CS 'JUST BECAUSE CARDS' cartridge p.37 'word' creative feature <Dog> (5 1/2"), also red CS p.37 'word' creative feature <Dog-s> (5 1/2") - adhered together
EMBELLISHMENTS - red string beands, gem, white rub-on - from stash
 
CUTE IN-IT!

 
Challenges?  yeah...
 
CRAFTY-EMBLIES - Ch #9 - 'Anything Goes'
 
LADY ANNE'S CHALLENGES - Sentiment Friday Ch. #8 - 'Anything Goes'
 
A CARD A DAY Blogging - 'Saturday'
 
HAVE A GREAT DAY
 
 
 
Blah... blah... sneeze... blah...
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nice Niece, You're gonna take a shower ! whoa the amount of flesh to be covered I suggest a thunderstorm only kidding - I think. I notice the last card you sent me was fronted by an overweight ugly gorilla hey! come on i'm just not that good looking and the gorilla wasn't even scratching its bollocks so sorry Karen it was nothing like me although the way it was kinda perched on its knuckles picking its nose had some similarities that resonated.
    UNC the Hunk Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... UNC the Hunk Barry aka CAMBOY (http://theoxonfeather.blogspot.co.uk/), you've just given me the second best laugh I've had all day. The first one was when you had to pay the post office £1.19 to get the card I sent you ha ha ha! I thought the gorilla was a particularly good likeness, I'm so glad his testicles were not causing him any irritation, the same obviously cannot be said for yours! Oohh the picture THAT conjures up is not one, I, nor any of your nieces would wish! More cards are on the way (I'll try to get the postage right next time!). Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super little dog - lovely card x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!