Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Oh So Lovely... catching~Up (part 5)

I have a problem!
 
My September kit... ACORN AVENUE, is about to arrive! As everyone knows the imminent arrival of a postal package is a thing of beauty.
 
The anticipation...
 
The excitement...
 
The eagerness...
 
ANYWAY... my problem?
 
Life and health have conspired against me ~ my August kit is NOT killed, in fact I have only managed a measly one layout so far!
 
I can't even blame lack of photos as an excuse!
 
I really, really, REALLY don't like to start a new kit without killing the old one... mainly because I KNOW the old one will then be relegated to an abandoned corner of my craft room and may never be seen again!  And quite frankly, I will occasionally look at it and be annoyed at the money I spent and feel that its been a waste!  Oh, I KNOW I can always dig it out again and use it... but if I'm honest I also KNOW that that's not going to happen because all those crafting manufacturers will be tempting me again with their latest goodies!  I will want the latest offerings, and my stash will grown yet again!
 
Whatever happens with the 'OH SO LOVELY' kit... I am going to share the first (possibly my last) layout with you...
 
 
The August kit from LIKE FOR EVER consisted of...
  
And featured the fabulous Crate Paper's Wonder collection, each kit includes:

Ten 12x12" double sided patterned papers from the 'Wonder' collection | One 12x12"  Specialty Vellum with gold foil triangles | Two 12x12" sheets of cardstock: Stargazer and Blackberry | One pack of Trinket Thickers | One pack of Ephemera | One pack of Puffy Stickers | One pack of Enamel Dots/Sequins | One roll of 'I love you' Washi Tape | One assorted pack of Amy Tan Paperclips
 
I also purchased the 6x6 paper pad. and a 12x12 acetate cut-apart sheet

It is a beautiful collection, the OH SO LOVELY kit is truly 'Oh So Lovely', why I haven't made more of it is very perplexing and extremely annoying!
 
For my first layout I used...
one sheet of 12 x 12 white cardstock; 'My Dear' patterned paper as a photo mat; a rectangle of speciality vellum (with gold triangle pattern); thickers; a strip of 'I Love You' washi tape; lots of tags and labels from the ephemera pack; one soft mint doily; also lots of sequins, enamel dots and veneer hearts; teal twine and an acetate tag from the cut-apart sheet.

 
 
The sequins and wooden hearts are from my stash
 
 
'Boo' was the name of the cat in the photograph, he was a beautiful,
atypical Russian Blue cat, who I adored... unfortunately he wasn't very
aware of the 'green cross code' and was killed a few days
after this photo was taken :(((
 
 
Gotta love washi tape!
 
 
This ephemera pack was filled with great little 'filler' pieces in lovely soft colours
 
 
 
I'm loving how this turned out... another memory recorded...
 
 
Have a great minute/hour/day/week/month/year crafting!
 
 
Blah... blah... blah... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!