Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Apologies First...

I am SO sorry about last night's post - what can I say - I'm a bad, bad girl (bad? probably an understatement, girl? that is stretching the imagination) - I was a little inebriated!
 
If it is any consolation I am now paying the price for my indiscretion.  I may not of actually 'cast up my accounts' as yet but I am decidedly green around the gills!
 
My very uncomfortable nights sleep, was spent restlessly in my bed (not where I collapsed on the sofa - I did manage to drag myself to bed, although I'm not quite sure how my pj's ended up inside out and back to front!).  In-between the occasional forty winks and the desperate guzzles of water (at least I remembered to have some to hand to help flush out the rose wine) I managed to sleep - very little.  Serves me right!
 
It didn't help my cause that my lovely cat came in to my bedroom vocalising his need for sustenance at 6.30 am (how my 70 year old mother manages to get up so early after indulging in the rose wine as much as I did - possible more - is, and will always be, one of life's mysteries), I do wish my mum had not let the cat in. Perhaps if I had inherited her cast-iron institution and her slim body, along with her need to arise before the birds start singing, I, too, would be as bright as the proverbial button this morning, instead of a rung out dishcloth!
 
I am glad to say that the LVA (landlords) meetings only happen bi-monthly, I don't think my liver could take any more!
 
Back to business... It is Wednesday Today! (see yesterday's post)
 
Valentine's is nearly upon us, with this in mind, this is for all those love-lorn fools romantics out there...

 
 
I took a piece of white carstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4" to make a card base.  I dry embossed another piece of white cardstock (4 " x 5 1/4") using my 'Sizzix' texture boutique. after tying a burgandy ribbon around it and inking the edges with Tim Holtz (victorian velvet) I adhered this to the card base.  I cut a heart (and its shadow) with my cricut expression using the 'CRICUT CRAFT ROOM BASICS' and also adhered this to the card front.  The banner with stamped using the same Tim Holtz ink and stuck on using foam pads.  With a little pink heart embellishment, my little valentines card is complete!
 
This will be going into a challenge or two...
 
 
Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #99 - 'Valentine Anything Goes'
 
My Craft Spot Challenge 86 - 'For Your Sweetheart'

Allsorts Challenge week 193 - 'Valentines'
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! All the embossing is wonderful and that bow is amazing! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant card, love this pale pink heart! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!!! Your bow is so pretty!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! LOVE that soft pink heart - and the pretty bow! Thanks so much for joining our Sweetheart Challenge at My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card. As I'm so late catching up with all the aCaD blogs, I'm hoping that you're feeling over your rose wine-fest by now heheheh

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!