Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Just Add...

Another layout today using my SCRAPTASTIC May kit and a sketchy (LETS GET SKETCHY), oh its so much fun! Some pictures you can scrap and scrap again.  Like most mothers, my kids are my world (no matter how old they are), so that's what I've scrapped.
 
Years ago, someone asked me if I was worried about the effect living on a caravan park and having a clubhouse (access to all that alcohol), would have on my children... my reply was always the same... NO.  Living on the caravan park meant my children had an amazing amount of freedom, but at the same time (because of the wonderful community we have built up over the years), my children (and everyone else's for that matter) were constantly supervised.  My kids used to ask me how I knew when they'd been up to something (not that I'd every tell them... it was MY secret weapon after all), I knew - because someone would spot anything naughty and let the appropriate parent know. PARENTS SECRET NETWORK - it works!
 
The atmosphere in which my kids grew up, was one of 'holidaying', since most of the people who were around, had left their troubles behind them and were out to enjoy their free time, they were relaxed and happy - could I ask for a better atmosphere?  As to the alcohol... my kids were very aware of its (excessive) effect, and at the end of the day, if they had wanted to indulge - they would have found a way!  As it was, I had to trust in all that I had taught them and hope they made the right choices as they reached 18.  My daughter is moderation personified - my son... not so much!
 
And now I just enjoy them for the wonderful adults they are... at least I don't worry so much.  Now the choices they make are their own... I'll just help pick up the pieces if I have to!

Which leads me on to my layout... again I have followed a sketch...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
(I felt the need to turn it on it's side, 90degrees?)
 
This is what I came up with... and I love it (of course the 'subject material' is very close to my heart!)!
 


I absolutely LOVE this floral paper by TERESA COLLINS 'Daily Stories', so much so that if it wasn't for my 'SPENDING FREEZE' I would be buying the collection!




 
Challenges...
 
LETS GET SKETCHY - May Week 2, Team B - 'Sketch'
 
 
613 AVENUE CREATE - Ch #72 - 'Anything Goes - with a twist' (heart/arrow/rectangle)
 
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great sketch, great fun, great inspiration, thank YOU x

      Delete
    2. p.s. apparently I won in April, but because I was away I didn't claim my prize in time... its fine (my loss), but I'd like to thanks all the DT team for all their hard work. I have been VERY inspired by all the different designs coming from LGS. Happy Crafting xxx

      Delete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Awesome page. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool page. Love the colors and creative title. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This great challenge sketch has helped me create some lasting - GREAT memories, thanks for the comment :-)

      Delete
  4. Great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment... had a blast!

      Delete
  5. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, couldn't resist scrapping my two 'reprobates', thanks for the opportunity and the amazing inspiration, the DT are doing a fabulous job x

      Delete
  6. Nice page!!!

    Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page! Love how you turned the sketch. Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for managing to find time to comment, its much appreciated - feedback is ALWAYS good. By the way the DT at LGS are the best :-)

      Delete
  8. Great title, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "playing"? no, no this is serious stuff... fun but serious stuff (LOL). Thanks for taking the time to comment and for all the great inspiration at LGS. Happy crafting :-)

      Delete
  9. A lovely layout. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Carol, loved your 'braided' card, happy crafting :-)

      Delete
  10. Oh, this is really pretty. Great use of those flowers. Thank you for joining us again at LGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely comments as usual from you LGS girls, thanks for taking the time to comment, keep up the great inspiration :-)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!