Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

Pull and Stand

No, its not my new exercise regimen!

Years ago (and I mean YEARS) I bought a 'pull and stand' card kit ( 'kit' is a bit of a stretch, since it only contained the cards themselves, but hey ho, I bought them anyway!) from CREATE AND CRAFT.TV, thinking (like you do) that they would be a great addition to my crafting stash and of the hundreds of fabulous cards I would make with them.  Did I?

NO, not a one!

Until NOW...

The idea is that you decorate the front and the pull mechanism (which is also the stand), glue the appropriate bits together and et voile you have a very unusual card.  Well, this is what I have eventually made from the kit...

front
I used a VERY old piece of RECOLLECTIONS 'Valentine' paper from an old, old paper stack, for the front  and back mats.  The banner is from my stash, the flower and cloud toppers are from AMY TANGERINE 'Yes, Please' 'bits'.  I have stamped onto the cloud with an old 'love' stamp using STAMPIN UP ink (tempting turquoise).


...pull the ribbon

...pull all the way

fold it over (and stand) - this is the back
The sentiment is (again) from an old collection I have in my stash and is stamped using MEMENTO ink (black).




Challenges...

THROUGH THE CRAFTROOM DOOR - May ttcrd 20th - 26th - 'Anything Goes'

A CARD A DAY BLOGGING - facebook


Happy Crafting, have a GREAT weekend :-)



Blah... blah... blah...



Scrapbooking - don't get too serious, its just a hobby!
THE most useful scrapbooking video of all time - here...

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that I absolutely love the name of your blog --- cracked me up when I saw it!
    Your card is really a cool concept and well done.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment... I'VE gotta say your comment cheered me up and gave ME a laugh! I've been repairing my sons work jeans ALL afternoon (tedious, boring and a bloody nuisance!). I spotted your comment and immediately abandoned said jeans (phew!) to reply (thanks for the respite). Loving the inspiration at TTCRD... happy crafting (NOT SEWING, LOL) :-)

      Delete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!