Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

HERE I AM!!!


Ok, so hi. What to say? Well I think I’ll start at the very beginning... a very good place to start (if like me you’re already saying that last bit in a sing song voice... but can’t remember the song, don’t worry it’ll come back to you!).
 
I make cards, do the occasional scrapbooking and over the last few years have become a papercraft addict.  I LOVE looking at Ebay (for bargains, of course), Create and Craft TV (I only look though – can’t afford anything but the occasional pick of the week (POW) and gaze at countless blogs of other wonderful crafting peeps.

Then one day I wanted to enter a crafting challenge! Just so other like-minded people could look at my designs and ooh and arrh at how great they were.

PROBLEM? Yeah! I didn’t know how! I thought the hard work was doing the crafty bit... oh no, the hard work was figuring out how to post the blessed thing. I didn’t want to appear thick! So I left it and carried on for another few months thinking, my cards are as good as x, y, and z, and they really should be seeing how great I am!  I didn’t really think that, but I did think that I’d like to JOIN IN.

 I’d joined a couple of groups on facebook and they really motivated me to consider blogging.  They were just SO friendly, SO nice, SO encouraging, SO I bought a book! A book? Yes a book... one about blogging, so that I would have an URL (or at least know what one was).  Which apparently you needed if you were to enter any challenges, or so I thought.

URL – universal remot?... blah blah blah
 
So now I’ve read the book (well kindled it!).  And then went onto ‘BLOGGER’ and followed the instructions – easy-peasy – here I am!!!
 
Do i have URL?  Yes I DO!  DO I know what it is? No, I don't, i'll have to check!!!  But hey ho, I'm just beginning, so please forgive me, or not! Now I've just got to figure out what that 'link' button means...
 
Thanks for taking the time out to read my ramblings, there's plenty more where that came from!
Karen ...
 
This is the first card I sucessfully entered into a challenge (well I think I did anyway, LOL)...
 
 
... its from a Kanban POW from Create and Craft.  I used a blank cream card base; two of the toppers (matching the blue of the shirts) with some narrow blue ribbon; a blue button and sentiment.  I inkied all the edges first and used foam pads on the second topper and the 'happy birthday'.  Simple but effective!

6 comments:

  1. I think this is your card for Emmas crafty challenge !!!!!!!!
    Great card Sweetie, Thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you take word varification off it makes it easier to comment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Sylvia. I'm SO new to this, I'll TRY to take word varification off (if i can find out how!). Thanks again for the comment and advise xxx

      Delete
  3. Great card, thanks for entering Emma's crafty challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, a kindred spirit! I started my blog so that I would have a way of "keeping" all the cards I mail away. But I am so NOT computer savvy it makes my head hurt. Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed... savvy? no, that is NOT a word to describe my computer skills. Good luck xxx

      Delete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!